Mental health disorders have the ability to negatively impact a person’s life in countless ways. There are millions of people throughout the world who are battling mental health concerns, but it is important to know that treatment is available, and it can make a lasting positive difference.
Montrose Behavioral Health Hospital offers comprehensive acute inpatient treatment for individuals who are suffering from mental health disorders and co-occurring concerns.
Learn About Treatment for Mental Health Disorders
People who are suffering from mental health disorders may feel hopeless, unsure of how they can find relief from the struggles they are facing. But by making the decision to receive care at a mental health treatment center, they can regain their sense of hope.
When you choose to get care at a treatment center like Montrose Behavioral Health Hospital, you can work with professionals who have experience treating people who have battled mental health or behavioral concerns and can provide the individualized care that leads to healing.
Depending on the disorders people are struggling with, there are various types of treatment that can be used to help them stabilize, develop coping skills, and learn to manage their symptoms. At our treatment center in Chicago, Illinois, patients can receive acute inpatient treatment that is customized based on their specific needs.
Therapies Used to Treat Mental Health Disorders
The team at Montrose Behavioral Health Hospital understands that every patient is unique, and treatment must meet them where they are emotionally, socially, and behaviorally. To make sure that everyone gets the specific care that will be of most benefit to them, we customize each patient’s treatment plan, which may include the following:
- Basic medical care: We have medical doctors and nurses on staff who can provide basic medical care when needed, including wound care and nebulizer treatments.
- Medication management services: Patients can meet with a psychiatrist, a member of our nursing staff, or a pharmacist for medication management services five times each week, depending on their needs.
- Individual therapy: Social workers offer individual therapy on a case-by-case basis at our treatment center so that patients have time to meet one-on-one with a qualified professional to discuss their concerns, process their experiences, and work on developing coping skills.
- Group therapy: Group therapy is offered twice each day and led by social workers and licensed clinical professional counselors. Nurses also lead medication groups for patients to learn more about how to manage their medication, how a specific medicine can benefit them, and how to track the effects of any medication they may be taking.
- Family therapy: We provide family therapy on a case-by-case basis when it is beneficial to the patient’s healing process.
Why Choose Our Mental Health Disorder Treatment Center?
Choosing a mental health disorder treatment center can seem overwhelming. But when you choose Montrose Behavioral Health Hospital, you can benefit from the following:
- Age-appropriate care: Programming at our Chicago treatment center is delivered in a way that meets patients at their developmental stage so that they can get the tailored care they need.
- Multidisciplinary team of professionals: Our team is made up of many different professionals who are experts in the field of behavioral healthcare, including psychiatrists, licensed clinical professional counselors, licensed social workers, mental health workers, and chemical dependency counselors. A number of our team members also hold specialized licensure or certifications, including dietitians, art therapists, recreational therapists, and individuals who have training in electroconvulsive therapy (ECT). Additionally, we have a full medical team on staff that consists of medical doctors, registered nurses, and advanced practice nurses.
- Clinically excellent care: Every patient who gets mental health treatment at our facility benefits from a variety of evidence-based therapies that have proved to help people cope with the effects of the disorders they are suffering from. These therapies can also help patients learn how to manage their symptoms.
- Commitment to our patients: Our team is dedicated to providing patients with mental health treatment in a warm and welcoming environment where their needs are our top priority. We strive to empower our patients to take ownership of their treatment while ensuring that they receive the support and encouragement that can lead to lasting healing.
If you have any questions about the programming offered at our mental health treatment center, please reach out to us at your convenience. We are available 24/7 and look forward to helping you in any way we can.
This content was written on behalf of and reviewed by the clinical staff at Montrose Behavioral Health Hospital.